Western Heavyweight Snow Plow
If you’ve ever sat in the cab of a truck while in control of a snow plow, you know it can be a heavy duty job, which sometimes requires a little bit of heavy duty power. With the Western Heavyweight Snow Plow, the name explains itself. With the largest blade available from WESTERN Plows, the 10’ wide Western HEAVYWEIGHT snow plow is made for trucks in the 14,000-27,000 GVW range. You can count on these plows for light municipal plowing applications like local streets, parks, county roads, parking lots and more. This is for the big boys and can handle any job thrown at it due to the overall strength of the plow as well as a trip blade protection that can’t be matched!
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Western Heavyweight Snow Plow by Western Plows
There are times when a standard blade snow plow, no matter the strength, just isn’t enough to get the job done. That’s where the Western Heavyweight step’s in, takes charge, and gets the job done with easy. Backed by larger trucks with a GVW range of 14,000-27,000, you are able to count on the Heavyweight plows for municipal plowing such as local streets, parks, county roads, parking lots, and everything in between. Nothing stands in the way of the Western Heavyweight!
Heavy-Duty Steel Moldboard for a Heavyweight Plow
- All Western plows, including the Western Heavyweight Snow Plow are manufactured to stand up to the stress and strain of municipal snow plowing.
- The powder coated steel moldboard blade is 33” tall and 10’ wide with a full angled plowing width of 8’8″ which is also the largest of all Western snowplows.
- Six vertical ribs provide structural reinforcement. Adjustable cast iron disc shoes and a ½” x 6” AASHO punched carbon steel cutting edge are standard.
Western Heavyweight Trip Blade Protection
- The Western Heavyweight snow plow by Western Plows is designed with six HEAVY-duty springs which help protect your plow as well as your truck from shock damage which striking an obstacle.
- The Western Heavyweight snow plow comes in contact with the obstacle such as a curb, and rather than taking the force head on and lifting your back tires off the ground, the trip blade protection and shock absorbers help soften the blade return and trips the plow forward in order to jump the curb with ease!
Store and Move your Western Heavyweight with Ease!
The Western HEAVYWEIGHT snow plow comes with a set of wheels already installed on the back of the plow in order to help maneuver the plow blade when attaching it to your truck or removing it from the vehicle altogether.
Western Isolation Module
- Advanced snow plow light and electrical system features solid electrical pins in the harness plugs for trouble free connections between your Western Heavyweight snow plow side wiring and your truck side electronics.
- Under the hood module improves system life and complies with OEM requirements while being tucked away with a clean installation directly from SnowplowsPlus.
- No toggle switch needed to change from vehicle to plow lights.
Western Heavyweight Snowplow Mounting System
The mechanical attachment system quickly attaches and detaches your Western Heavyweight snow plow with ease and can be done in a few seconds with the help of nobody else!
The mechanical chain lift system offers a variety of performance and reliability advantages over a hydraulic system.
- Clean Scraping Performance
- The chain lift system creates instantaneous “float” when lowering the blade, enabling it to freely follow the contours of the plowing surface for a cleaner scrape.
- Higher Stacking
- With a chain lift you can stack snow higher because the plow’s movement is not restricted by the length of the ram stroke like on cylinder lift systems.
- With the simple mechanical chain lift design, there are fewer hydraulic and electrical components to worry about, so you can count on long life dependability.
- Easy Recovery
- In the rare event of a hydraulic failure, you can push the snow plow up into a snowbank and “short chain” it to the specially designed bracket for safe transport back to the shop.
Choose between a CabCommand hand-held control with push buttons or a joystick control, based on operator preference. For efficient, precise and intuitive blade control while plowing, both controls feature power “on” and “float” LED lights, backlighting for night operation, and plug-in connector for easy removal.
The all-new NIGHTHAWK™ dual-halogen headlamps, standard on all WESTERN® truck plows, now feature separate cavities for the low-beam and high-beam lamps. With reflectors designed specifically for each mode, the low and high beams perform better than ever before. The low-beam pattern is now 17% brighter and 6% wider. This puts more light down immediately in front of the plow when you’re pushing. The improved high-beam pattern makes it easier for late-night operators to see road hazards while traveling between jobs. In high-beam mode, the NIGHTHAWK headlamps are 36% brighter and throw 35% farther down the road than our previous headlamps. An ultra-reliable, dual-adhesive seal minimizes water ingression, while the GORE-TEX® patch-protected vent allows humidity and condensation to escape without letting moisture in.An enhanced mounting bracket design provides vibration dampening, along with better structural balance and flexibility, to provide reliable, trouble-free service. The updated headlamp casings are also 3″ – 3½” shallower, so they won’t get in the way when opening hoods on certain truck models.
The ULTRAFINISH™ baked on powder coat with epoxy primer is standard on all WESTERN® plows, providing outstanding protection against wear and rust. Each WESTERN plow goes through an automated eight-wheel shot blaster pre-treatment process and multi-stage pre-wash to prepare the plow surface for optimum coating adhesion. After that a durable epoxy primer is applied to improve corrosion resistance and enhance powder coat adhesion. The powder coat is then applied with robotic guns that ensure precise, consistent powder coat coverage. The final baking process seals the long-lasting hard-as-nails WESTERN red coat. The result is a state-of-the-industry finish that will provide superior protection for your plow, season after season.
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 40 in|